Spring is here! The flowers are blooming and the sun is shining, but you may find yourself looking in the mirror and see that your face is not reflecting in the same bright and beautiful way. The cold winter months have likely taken a toll on your facial skin. Fine lines, wrinkles, splotches, sun damage, and acne scars may make you feel and look old, tired, and worn out. It is time to brighten up the facial skin so you can enjoy some springtime fun. With so many non-surgical cosmetic options available, you can rejuvenate the face to gain fresher and smoother skin without having to undergo a strenuous procedure that requires a long recovery time.
Non-Surgical Facial Rejuvenation
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: This FDA-approved neurotoxin is made up of a protein derived from botulinum toxin type-A that blocks nerve impulses to temporarily paralyze the facial muscles that cause wrinkles. BOTOX® Cosmetic can reduce the appearance of:
- Lines and wrinkles on the forehead
- Frown lines between the brows
- Crow’s feet
- Injectable fillers: Injectables reduce signs of aging on the face by filling in wrinkles and creases and adding volume to restore a fuller, more youthful look. Depending on the target area and the patient’s preference, Dr. Wald will use one of the following injectable formulas:
- Laser Skin Resurfacing: This laser treatment uses an erbium-yag laser that emits a beam of light to remove unwanted tissue, such as scarred, wrinkled, and lined skin. It works by vaporizing the skin cells by emitting bursts of light that are absorbed by the water in those cells. It can target:
- Tiny wrinkles
- Acne scars
- Minor skin imperfections
- Sciton® Laser: Infrared energy is used to heat dermal collagen deeply while protecting the treatment area with sapphire contact cooling. Dr. Wald manipulates the laser to emit the wavelength appropriate for the target depth of damaged tissue. The Sciton® Laser can help to diminish the appearance of:
- Acne and acne scarring
- Lax, aged, or damaged skin
By undergoing one or a combination of non-surgical rejuvenation treatments, a patient can expect to have softer, brighter, more youthful facial skin. With shorter recovery times, immediate results, and minimal pain, non-surgical treatments are an excellent option for providing natural-looking improvements to the face.
To find out how you can achieve smoother, rejuvenated skin, schedule your consultation with Dr. Wald by calling (714) 312-3549 or by filling out our online contact form.