Dr. Robert Wald
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Wald has been in private practice since 1986. During this time, he has faithfully served his community, making a commitment to provide his patients with the best cosmetic and reconstructive services possible. Dr. Wald believes that what sets his practice apart is his desire and ability to truly listen to his patients’ wants and achieve beautiful, natural-looking results.
Dr. Robert M. Wald., MD
As a double board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Wald is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He is also an active member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). Dr. Wald is a past President of the Orange County Society of Plastic Surgeons and has won numerous awards throughout his career, including being named one of the Top Doctors in Orange Coast Magazine for the last 10 years. Dr. Wald is also on the clinical faculty at Harbor-UCLA where he teaches and trains plastic surgery residents, allowing him to keep abreast on all the latest plastic surgery procedures and techniques.
Accredited Surgery Center
Dr. Wald’s fully accredited surgical center, Mesa Surgicenter, truly sets him apart from many other surgeons in the area as he believes in the personal, attentive nature his surgery center provides. Having your surgery in a crowded public hospital can place you at greater risk of developing an infection. Dr. Wald’s accredited surgery center also allows him to coordinate his efforts with a top-notch, highly skilled staff including Board Certified Anesthesiologists that all specialize in plastic surgery. Mesa Surgicenter has the added benefit of being conveniently located across from St. Jude’s Hospital.
Dr. Wald’s Curriculum Vitae
- Dr. Robert M. Wald, Jr. attended Keck School of Medicine at the University of Southern California where he achieved highest honors.
- Following graduation in 1978, Dr. Wald spent two years at the University of Colorado performing general surgery.
- Dr. Wald completed a four-year residency in otolaryngology, during which time he developed a passion for aesthetics, which ultimately influenced his decision to go into plastic surgery.
- Dr. Wald then completed a two-year residency in plastic surgery at the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA).
- During his eight-year combined residency, Dr. Wald published numerous scientific articles and completed several research projects. Since completing his residency at UCLA, Dr. Wald has been in private practice in Fullerton, CA.
- Dr. Wald is on the clinical faculty at Harbor-UCLA, teaching plastic surgery residents and staying up-to-date on the latest plastic surgery techniques and procedures.
- Dr. Wald became certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology in 1986 and the American Board of Plastic Surgery in 1988 and has been a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons since 1990.
- Dr. Wald holds active privileges at St. Jude Medical Center and Placentia-Linda Hospital. At St. Jude Medical Center, he served as Director of Medical Education for eight years and was chief of surgery in 1995 and 2004.
- As a board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Wald is an active member of both the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) as well as the Orange County Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- Dr. Wald believes in giving back to his community and regularly volunteers his plastic surgery services to veterans and underprivileged residents of Orange County.
Dr. Robert Wald’s Accolades
Dr. Wald Looks forward to Schedule a consultation
helping you reach your
The aesthetic institute
Robert Wald, MD
100 E. Valencia Mesa Drive, Suite 300
Fullerton, CA 92835