Posted on: November 29th, 2017
Before we begin, let us say that a healthy lifestyle is an important part of looking and feeling amazing. Even if you are considering plastic surgery, we always recommend that our patients use diet and exercise to be fit and fabulous. That said, exercise can help you lose fat and build muscle, but it does have limitations to how significantly it can transform your body. This is the truth about fitness and your appearance.
Working Out Won’t Prevent Sagging Skin
Patients who have achieved dramatic weight loss will often develop excess, sagging skin. This is a natural occurrence that results when you lose fat quickly or in large amounts. No amount of toning exercises can restore firmness to this skin. This drooping skin can rob you of a toned and sleek body. It often hides the hard work that you put into creating your new body.
Even though diet and exercise won’t improve your sagging skin, there are treatment options available to help you achieve the body you desire. A tummy tuck can be used to enhance the contours of your abdomen, or you can choose bariatric contouring to address the abdomen, hips, and thighs.
You Can’t Spot Reduce Fat
When you lose weight, you can tone and improve a specific area, but you cannot control from where you lose fat. Genetics can predispose you to accumulating fat in a localized area of your body, and that localized fat can be nearly impossible to eliminate. These stubborn areas of fat can prevent you from having the slimmer and sleeker body you’ve been trying to achieve at the gym.
Liposuction can be considered if you need to eliminate unwanted areas of fat. Not only can you achieve a more customized contour with liposuction, but we can also enhance the definition in a treatment area. You may consider liposuction to treat one or more of the following:
Posted on: October 9th, 2017
Social media has taken over our daily lives. Some of us feel that we must know what is going on every minute of every day. It is has spiked the influx of people taking photos and always snapshotting their daily activities. Among the photo trends that has become popular is the “selfie,” where an individual holds their arm out and takes a picture of themselves. The downside of taking close-ups like selfies is that they can reveal your facial flaws, such as fine lines, wrinkles, and blemishes. Thankfully, social media platforms often have image filters to help cover up those facial flaws. However, many people want to improve their facial skin and signs of aging in real life and to avoid needing filters. Fortunately, there are many non-surgical options for improving your skin.
Your Non-surgical Treatment Options
Even someone who follows a regular skin care regimen and a healthy diet may still have problems with fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, and uneven skin pigmentation. Non-surgical cosmetic options allow someone to reverse their facial issues without surgical knives, anesthesia, and long recoveries. Here are some of the procedures offered by Dr. Wald:
- BOTOX Cosmetic®: BOTOX Cosmetic® is an injectable composed of a protein derived from botulinum toxin type A. It works by inhibiting the movement of the facial muscles that cause the appearances of dynamic wrinkles, such as:
- Crow’s feet (fine lines at the outer the corners of the eyes)
- Frown lines (creases between the brows)
- Lines and wrinkles along the forehead
- JUVÉDERM®: JUVÉDERM® is an injectable filler made of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring molecule in the body that hydrates and adds volume. It can help smooth and plump the skin to treat issues such as:
- Wrinkles under the eyes
- Loss of fat in the cheeks
- Thin lips
- An undefined jawline
- Smile lines
- RADIESSE®: RADIESSE® can effectively treat fine lines and wrinkles caused by a lack of volume. It is an injectable gel filler made of calcium hydroxylapatite microspheres that stimulate collagen production. It can target:
- Smile lines
- Marionette lines
- Loss of volume in the cheeks
- Depressions on the nose
- Restylane®: Restylane® is comprised of hyaluronic acid that adds fullness to the face to target facial wrinkles and creases, such as:
- Nasolabial folds
- Creases around the mouth
- Loss of fullness in the cheeks
- Laser skin resurfacing: This treatment involves using a surgical laser to remove unwanted, damaged tissue. It can help to effectively treat imperfections on the skin, such as:
- Sun damage
- Acne scarring
- Fine lines
- Sciton® laser: The Sciton® laser uses infrared energy to heat the dermal layer deeply using sapphire contact cooling. The heat from the laser treats the collagen layer to promote the natural healing process of the skin. This treatment can target:
- Fine lines
- Age spots
- Acne scars
If you want to make your filtered selfie a reality and are interested in one of our non-surgical treatments, schedule your consultation with Dr. Wald today! Contact us by calling (714) 312-3549 or by filling out our online contact form.
Posted on: September 25th, 2017
When all other avenues for weight loss or anti-aging treatments have failed, many people consider plastic surgery to achieve their goals. However, with so many celebrities putting plastic surgery in a negative light, some people tend to not look at plastic surgery favorably.
Plastic surgery is surgery; therefore, it is crucial that a patient who is considering the process takes it seriously. Besides the preparation for surgery, the recovery is an important aspect of the plastic surgery process. How someone cares for themselves following a procedure helps them to achieve the best results and dictates how their surgical wounds heal. Whether you are undergoing liposuction or breast augmentation, here are some of the top factors that will affect your healing following plastic surgery.
1. Your Age
The older a person gets, the harder it is for them to recover from a sickness or injury, especially after surgery. When someone in their 40s, 50s, or 60s decides they want to undergo a plastic surgery procedure, they should keep in mind that they might not recover as quickly as someone in their 20s or 30s. Depending on your age, your plastic surgeon will provide you with an idea about how your recovery process will go and the best surgical approach to help you heal safely and efficiently. They may also suggest less invasive options, such as injectables or fillers that provide anti-aging results but are less strenuous on the body than a surgical procedure.
2. Your Genetics
Genetics also play a significant role in the recovery process. Patients who have a family history of poor wound healing is something that cannot be changed; though, if you live a healthy lifestyle and listen to instructions before and after surgery, it can make for a positive healing experience. Depending on the patient, they may need to take more time away from physical activities or work. Any concerns regarding your genetics and family history should be discussed with your doctor before booking your procedure. Your plastic surgeon will consider any previous medical problems when designing your individualized surgery plan.
3. Caring for Your Surgical Wounds
Age and genetics are a factor some of us can’t change when undergoing a surgical procedure. However, how you care for yourself and your surgical wounds following your surgery should be taken seriously. Patients should keep their incisions clean and covered and should avoid touching them. They should keep track of any changes in the color or appearance of their surgical incisions. If any surgical wounds look pink or red or have any drainage, the patient should seek medical attention to make sure the incisions are not infected.
4. Your Health
A patient’s health before and after surgery will significantly impact how their surgical wounds heal. It is important that patients follow a healthy diet before and after surgery, and refrain from any unhealthy habits such as smoking or consuming alcohol. You can discuss with your doctor about what types of foods should be avoided during the recovery and ways that might improve your healing after surgery. You should also stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water and abstain from consuming drinks high in sugar such as soda and certain juices.
If you are interested in a plastic surgery procedure, Dr. Wald is a board-certified plastic surgeon who can provide you with the best advice on how to achieve the best healing experience after your surgery. Schedule your consultation today! Contact us by calling (714) 312-3549 or by filling out our online contact form.
Posted on: August 30th, 2017
Growing up in today’s world can be difficult for some teenagers. The pressure for teens to be accepted by their peers is a common obstacle some might face. When a child looks or acts differently than others, it can often lead to bullying—verbally and/or physically. Teasing from peers can include physical violence or involve relentless nicknames like “big ears,” leaving a child emotionally scarred. Many of the physical characteristics that cause an influx of bullying toward a particular child can be addressed through plastic surgery. In fact, teenage plastic surgery may not be a topic often talked about, but many teens are undergoing cosmetic procedures to restore their confidence and self-image. According to statistics from the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, teenagers made up 1.5 percent of the plastic surgeries performed in 2016.
Should Your Teenager Undergo Plastic Surgery?
Many parents might have a teenager who feels that they could find emotional relief from bullying by altering their physical appearance. Plastic surgery is serious, and it should only be an option for teens who are physically and emotionally ready for this type of surgical procedure. How do you know if plastic surgery is the right choice for your child? Before letting your teenager “go under the knife,” ask yourself these questions:
- Are they realistic in their expectations?: Plastic surgery is meant to enhance a person’s natural features. Teenagers should understand that they will not achieve dramatic changes in their appearance but rather a more improved version of themselves.
- Are they physically healthy?: Ideal patients should be in good health and do not have any serious medical conditions. It is recommended to have your child physically examined by his or her primary care provider before undergoing a plastic surgery procedure.
- Are they aware of the risks of complications?: Every surgery involves some risks, complications, and side effects. Patients need to know that the results will not be immediate and may entail some residual swelling, bruising, and bleeding.
- Do they have time to take away from activities and school?: Plastic surgery will involve a few days to weeks of recovery. Ideally, spring, summer, or winter break are perfect times of the year to book a procedure so they do not have to miss school or social activities.
Common Teenage Plastic Surgery Procedures
There are several procedures teenagers often request. Here are some of the typical teenage plastic surgeries:
- Otoplasty: Children and adolescents who suffer from large, protruding ears that stick out are often haunted by nicknames such as “Dumbo” that affect their emotional well-being. Otoplasty, or ear surgery, is one of the most popular plastic surgeries for patients 18 years of age and younger. Its purpose is to pin or set back the ears so they are positioned closer to the head.
- Rhinoplasty: Since the nose is the central feature of the face, it can affect someone’s entire facial appearance. Rhinoplasty or nose surgery is designed to correct a crooked nose, overly large nostrils, or a nose that is too big. Teenagers can feel confident knowing that their nose blends in with the rest of their facial features.
- Liposuction: Many teenagers struggle to lose stubborn excess fat. Liposuction can effectively remove fat to provide a slimmer, more toned appearance for a variety of treatment areas.
If you think your teenager is ready for plastic surgery, schedule a consultation with Dr. Wald today! You and your child can sit down and discuss the different procedures available. Contact us by calling (714) 312-3549 or by filling out our online contact form.
Posted on: July 18th, 2017
When the words “plastic surgery” come to mind, some might picture results that look fake and unnatural. This could likely be attributed to the many celebrities, such as Melanie Griffith and Heidi Montag, who have been known to go overboard with their cosmetic procedures. After undergoing several different types of surgeries and then revision upon revision of those surgeries, people often stop looking like themselves. The main goal of plastic surgery is not to dramatically change how a person looks but rather to enhance or rejuvenate a person’s appearance. If you want natural-looking plastic surgery results, it is all about planning properly for your procedure, doing the research, and communicating with your surgeon.
Deciding if Plastic Surgery Is Right for You
Whether you are considering breast augmentation, rhinoplasty, or a facelift, it is important that you take the correct steps to make sure you are ready for plastic surgery. If you are interested in undergoing plastic surgery and are afraid of looking too plastic, there are many aspects you should consider in order to achieve natural-looking results, such as:
- Are you physically healthy enough for plastic surgery? Patients should not have any serious medical problems and should be in good health before undergoing a surgical procedure. If a patient is not healthy enough for surgery, they may develop complications that prevent them from achieving ideal, natural-looking results. Plastic surgery candidates do not smoke or are willing to quit at least a few weeks before their surgery and through their recovery process. It is recommended that patients have their primary care physician evaluate their health and perform any necessary medical tests to be cleared for surgery.
- Are you realistic in your expectations and willing to openly communicate those expectations to your surgeon? Some patients expect a dramatic change in their face or body when they undergo a surgical procedure, while others are worried that there will be too much change that appears unnatural. However, plastic surgery is simply meant to tweak a person’s natural features to create an improved or more youthful version of them. Patients should research their procedure of choice and review before and after photos to help them get a better idea of what results they can potentially achieve. Once you understand the results you desire, have an open and honest conversation with your surgeon about your goals and concerns.
- Is your surgeon ABPS board certified? Choosing a surgeon who is skilled and experienced in plastic surgery and board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) is of the utmost importance when it comes to achieving your goals. The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery has a list of questions to ask your plastic surgeon to prepare for your cosmetic surgery consultation.
The best way to achieve natural-looking plastic surgery results is to research, prepare, and talk to a qualified plastic surgeon such as Dr. Wald. To learn more, contact us by calling (714) 312-3549 or by filling out our online contact form.
Posted on: June 29th, 2017
The request for cosmetic surgery is at an all-time high. According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery 2016 statistics, more than 15 billion dollars was spent on plastic surgery, which included surgical and non-surgical treatments. In fact, non-surgical treatments made up 44 percent of the cosmetic procedures performed last year. That is a seven percent increase from 2015. Why are non-surgical treatments becoming so popular? They offer similar results without ever having to go anywhere near an operating table.
Benefits of Non-Surgical Treatments
Having surgery can be intimidating because it involves anesthesia, long recoveries, and scarring. Non-surgical treatments are minimally invasive and require less downtime. Here are some of the benefits of undergoing a non-surgical treatment versus a surgical procedure:
- Minimal recovery: Most patients can return to work and regular activities immediately following their treatment. Surgical procedures often take a few days to a few weeks of recovery. Non-surgical options are ideal for those people who lead hectic lives and don’t want to take the time to recover.
- Less pain: Non-surgical treatments are designed to be temporary since they do not involve skin or muscle removal. There is less pain involved during and after the procedure.
- Fewer risks and side effects: Surgery can involve serious complications, such as bleeding, anesthesia risks, and infection. Non-surgical procedures are minimally invasive, so there is a lower chance of complications and side effects.
- Shorter procedure time: Surgical procedures often involve hours in the operating room, and another hour of downtime before returning home. Most non-surgical procedures only take about 15 minutes to one hour to perform. Patients can undergo their treatment in the same amount of time as the average lunch break.
Your Non-Surgical Options
Dr. Wald performs a variety of treatments designed to target signs of aging and stubborn fat. Here are some of the non-surgical treatments that are commonly performed in our office:
- Injectables: Different injectables are used to target specific areas of the face. In fact, injectables accounted for 10 percent of the non-surgical treatments performed last year. We offer the following injectables with one quick treatment session in our office:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: Botulinum toxin type A is injected beneath the facial skin to inhibit the muscle movement that causes the appearance of forehead lines, crow’s feet, and wrinkles around the eyes.
- JUVÉDERM®: This injectable is made of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance found in the body that helps to fill in smile lines, wrinkles under the eyes, and loss of fat in the cheeks.
- Restylane®: An injectable composed of hyaluronic acid that is designed to restore facial volume to smooth nasolabial folds, loss of volume in the cheeks, and creases around the mouth.
- RADIESSE®: This injectable is made of a calcium hydroxylapatite that stimulates collagen production to help target smile lines, marionette lines, depressions on the nose, and loss of volume in the cheeks.
- SculpSure®: An alternative to liposuction, SculpSure® is a non-lipolysis procedure and an effective way to target fat and tone the body. The SculpSure® applicator is held to the abdomen, love handles, back rolls, or arms to emit laser energy to permeate the skin. The laser energy attacks the fat cells and melts them down to flush them out destroying the fat.
- INFINI™: A radiofrequency (RF) microneedling device is used to target wrinkles and improve skin laxity. The INFINI™ device is applied to the skin to create thousands of coagulation zones in the dermis using precise energy delivery that creates micro-injuries on the skin. After treatment, new elastin and collagen can then form to repair the injured area helping to restore smoother, softer, and brighter skin.
To learn more about all of our non-surgical options, schedule your consultation with Dr. Wald. He is a board-certified plastic surgeon who can help you decide on the right treatment for your face or body. Contact us by calling (714) 312-3549 or by filling out our online contact form.
Posted on: May 31st, 2017
The demand for plastic surgery continues to stay on the rise. According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery 2016 statistics, more than $15 billion dollars were spent on plastic surgery in the last year. It isn’t surprising though, as most people care about their looks and want to stick to the societal standard to maintain a young and fresh appearance. Some might try to improve their body and/or face with diet, exercise, and at-home treatments, but even with rigorous efforts, they have little to no success. The only way for some people to meet their aesthetic goals is through plastic surgery. However, plastic surgery is a serious process, and it may not be for everyone. How do you know if you are ready for plastic surgery?
Are You a Plastic Surgery Candidate?
There are several factors patients must consider before they undergo a plastic surgery procedure. Making sure you are ready, emotionally and physically, for surgery will ensure the most comfortable and safe surgical process possible. Here are some questions you should ask yourself first:
- Are you realistic in your expectations?: Plastic surgery is designed to enhance and rejuvenate a person’s natural features. Patients should be realistic in their expectations. They should be aware that plastic surgery is not going to provide them with a dramatic change but rather a more youthful, enhanced version of themselves.
- Are you physically healthy?: Surgery involves anesthesia and recovery. Someone who is not physically healthy has a higher risk of complications. Patients should be honest with their surgeon about their medical history and any current medical conditions. If a surgical procedure appears unsuitable for a patient, Dr. Wald offers a variety of non-surgical treatments, such as SculpSure®, that provide beautiful results without as many risks and with minimal recovery time.
- Have you already tried diet and exercise to achieve your goals?: Patients considering body contouring procedures such as liposuction should not treat plastic surgery as a weight loss method. It is recommended that patients be at or near their ideal body weight with only a few pockets of fat they would like to target.
- Are you willing to maintain your results?: Plastic surgery is not a permanent solution to one’s body and facial flaws. The best patients are willing to maintain their results with a healthy diet and lifestyle. Patients should stick to a regular exercise regimen and skin care routine to achieve a longer-lasting outcome. It is also highly recommended to refrain from smoking and consuming alcohol in excess.
Schedule Your Consultation Today!
Are you a candidate for cosmetic surgery? If you answered yes to the above questions, now is the time to schedule a consultation with Dr. Wald. He can discuss your goals and concerns as well as evaluate your anatomy and health to help you decide if you are suited for a cosmetic procedure, whether surgical or non-surgical. Dr. Wald will go over all of your options and design a personalized surgery plan.
Dr. Wald is a board-certified plastic surgeon who is skilled and experienced in performing several procedures and techniques for the face, breasts, and body. Schedule your consultation by calling us at (714) 312-3549 or fill out our online contact form.
Posted on: May 24th, 2017
With spring in full bloom, the weather is starting to warm up. The longer the sun is out, the more important it is to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful UVA and UVB rays. Many people desire a youthful face, but the sun can damage the skin, causing fine lines and wrinkles to form and making a person look aged and worn out. The key to preventing premature aging is to start a daily skin care regimen. Although we cannot halt the aging process, we can slow it down by adopting healthy skin habits.
6 Tips for Beautiful Facial Skin
Most people strive to have beautiful, radiant facial skin, but not everyone benefits from good genetics. Therefore, here are six things you can do to keep your skin looking fresh and healthy:
1. Wear sunscreen
Applying sunscreen daily before sun exposure is necessary to prevent premature aging. You should use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher every day.
2. Wash your face
Keeping the skin clean is essential for preventing breakouts, blemishes, and dull skin. You should wash your face daily with the correct cleanser for your skin type.
3. Apply moisturizer
Moisturizing your face in the morning and at night is important. It is recommended to use a lotion that is gentle enough for everyday use and isn’t heavy in fragrances.
4. Eat healthy
Sticking to a healthy diet is crucial in keeping your skin fresh and clear. Avoiding high-sugared foods, alcohol, caffeine, and cigarettes will help to retain moisture to prevent wrinkles and fine lines from forming. Be sure to consume lots of fruits and vegetables for optimal results.
5. Get plenty of sleep
Sleep has a huge impact on a person’s health. Sleeping allows the body to regenerate and refresh and helps prevent creases and wrinkles from developing. You should get at least seven to eight hours of sleep every night.
6. Drink lots of water
Hydration plays a primary role in our skin health. Maintaining a hydrated body helps to retain moisture to create radiant skin and to prevent sagging. Aim to drink at least eight glasses of water every day.
When Skin Care Isn’t Enough
Sometimes healthy habits can only do so much for preventing and diminishing the appearance of facial aging. When daily skin care isn’t sufficient, you can opt for cosmetic treatments designed for targeting the effects of aging. Dr. Wald offers a variety of non-surgical options that can help to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, and blemishes. The following are some of the non-surgical procedures he performs at his practice for facial rejuvenation:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: An FDA-approved neurotoxin made of a protein derived from botulinum toxin type A that blocks nerve impulses to paralyze facial muscles temporarily. BOTOX® Cosmetic can diminish the appearance of frown lines, forehead wrinkles, and crow’s feet for three to six months.
- Sciton® skin resurfacing: The CO₂ laser emits a beam of light to remove unwanted tissue. It vaporizes skin cells to reduce the appearance of sun-damaged skin, facial wrinkles, and scars.
- Sciton® Infini: Infrared energy is used to heat the dermal layer of the skin and stimulate collagen growth. The Sciton® Infini is effective for treating acne as well as lax, aged, or photodamaged skin.
If you want more skin care advice from a plastic surgeon or are interested in a cosmetic treatment, schedule your consultation with Dr. Robert Wald today! Contact us by calling (714) 312-3549 or by filling out our online contact form.
Posted on: May 18th, 2017
With summer just around the corner, everyone is getting ready to enjoy the warmer months. The pool, the beach, and outdoor barbecues are common activities people partake in during the summertime. As the sun comes out, many people tend to show more skin to stay cool in the hot weather. Some people may be panicking and worried about getting beach body ready. The idea of bikinis, shorts, or tank tops might be causing people to diet and exercise so they can feel confident with their bodies in more revealing fashions. However, genetics and a person’s age can make it hard for them to meet their body goals. When diet and exercise have failed, plastic surgery could be an ideal option for achieving your desired physique. With so many new advancements in body contouring, an individual can get the body they want when at-home efforts are ineffective.
Your Body Contouring Options
There are several plastic surgeries a person can undergo to correct certain characteristics that are unresponsive to diet and exercise. Dr. Wald offers a variety of body contouring procedures at his practice. Here are some of the options available:
- Tummy tuck surgery: Postpartum patients and people who have lost a significant amount of weight often find it difficult to target unwanted fat and skin in the stomach area. Tummy tuck surgery is designed to eliminate excess abdominal fat and skin and tighten the abdominal muscles to create a slimmer, more defined waistline.
- Liposuction: Stubborn fat accumulations are a common problem for all different types of individuals. Liposuction can be performed on any area of the body that has unwanted pockets of resistant fat.
- Breast lift surgery: Aging, genetics, weight loss, and many other factors can contribute to breast sagging and laxity. Breast lift surgery can be performed to restore the breasts to a more youthful position by lifting the breast tissue.
- Breast augmentation: Lack or loss of breast volume is not something that can be corrected with diet and exercise. Breast augmentation can alter the shape or size of the breasts using saline or silicone breast implants.
Whether you want to get rid of excess fat or correct the appearance of the breasts, Dr. Wald can help you achieve your desired look. Patients can choose to undergo one or a combination of body contouring procedures depending on their body and goals. Those who are apprehensive about a surgical procedure may be candidates for some of our non-surgical techniques. SculpSure® is an ideal option for those who do not want to or cannot undergo surgery. With minimal downtime and pain, SculpSure® can flush out and destroy fat cells to create a smoother, thinner waistline.
If diet and exercise have failed to help you get beach ready, you might be interested in one of our body contouring options. Schedule your consultation with Dr. Wald today! He is a board-certified plastic surgeon who has the experience and skills to help you achieve your body goals. Contact us by calling (714) 312-3549 or by filling out our online contact form.
Posted on: March 14th, 2017
Although they are a wonderful gift, a lot of sacrifices come with having children. A woman’s entire life changes when she decides to start a family. Among the most frustrating transformations involves her body. Pregnancy and breastfeeding wreak havoc on the physique; the stomach expands to make room for a growing baby, the body begins to develop excess fat, and the breasts change in size as they start to produce milk for breastfeeding. After childbirth, the body might not revert to its original, pre-baby state. Many women find that diet and exercise fail to address these inevitable changes. Mommy Makeover surgery is an ideal option many mothers consider.
What Can I Achieve With Mommy Makeover Surgery?
A Mommy Makeover combines procedures for postpartum body contouring. Breast and body procedures can help a woman to reverse the effects of pregnancy to create firmer, more youthful contours. Depending on the characteristics that need to be addressed, Dr. Wald can create an individual surgery plan for your Mommy Makeover.
Rejuvenate Sagging Breasts and Loss of Fullness
The breasts are completely different following pregnancy. Once a woman is finished breastfeeding, she might start losing the volume and shape of the breasts she once had. Breast lift surgery is an ideal procedure performed to restore lost skin elasticity that causes the breasts to sag (ptosis) by lifting them into a more youthful position.
Increase the Size and Improve the Shape of the Breasts
Some women will lose a significant amount of breast volume after pregnancy and notice they no longer have the large, full breasts that they once had. Breast augmentation surgery is designed to change the size and shape of the breasts by inserting saline or silicone implants. With so many breast implant types and incision options, a woman can have breasts that uniquely fit with the rest of her body. Breast lift surgery is commonly combined with breast augmentation to create larger breasts while correcting ptosis.
Flatten the Abdomen and Restore the Abdominal Muscles
A developing baby needs room for growth. The stomach expands throughout pregnancy and often results in weak abdominal muscles, excess tissue, and stretch marks. Abdominoplasty, or tummy tuck surgery, is designed to restore the abdominal muscles and get rid of the belly “pooch.” An incision is made from hip bone to hip bone just above the pubic line. Through the incision, fat is excised, and weak abdominal muscles are tightened and sutured together. Excess skin is removed, resulting in a reduction in stretch marks. Patients are happy with their slimmer, more toned abdomen.
Remove Unwanted Fatty Tissue
In addition to abdominal fat, many mothers gain excess bulges in other areas of their bodies. Even with a regular diet and exercise routine, unwanted fat is often unresponsive. Liposuction can be performed on any area of the body. Commonly, post-pregnancy women address the stomach, love handles, thighs, and hips. Liposuction involves the removal of excess fatty tissue using a cannula hooked up to a vacuum device. Many tummy tuck patients also undergo liposuction to help them achieve an overall better shape in the abdominal area.
If you are ready to get your pre-baby body back, Dr. Wald can help! He can evaluate your body and goals to help you decide on the right procedure for you. Schedule your consultation by calling us at (714) 312-3549 or by filling out our online contact form.
Posted on: February 21st, 2017
You have decided that you are ready for plastic surgery, and now it is time to book your appointment. The question you may be asking yourself is, “When should I schedule my surgery?” Most patients find that the ideal season to undergo plastic surgery is winter. Whether you want a breast augmentation or liposuction, the cool weather makes winter the perfect time to schedule your procedure. Plus, with a new year just starting, why not get your face and body into shape to look your best for 2017!
Start Early on Your Summer Body
Plastic surgery results do not appear overnight. Most patients will have residual swelling for six months to one year. Someone who is wanting to get their body in shape for summer would ideally need to undergo their procedure during the winter or early spring. This allows time for swelling and bruising to subside and for surgical wounds to heal. Once the entire recovery process has come and gone, patients can be ready to show off their new results at the beach or pool this summer.
A Relaxing and Comfortable Recovery
Once the temperature drops, many people find themselves layering their clothes and snuggling up. Staying comfortable and relaxed away from the sun and activities is conducive to a healthy recovery. Winter is a convenient season to bundle up and stay indoors to ease through recovery.
After the procedure, the recovery is the most important process. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons can provide you with all the information you need to know about the recovery for your particular surgery.
It’s a Perfect Time for a “Staycation”
Life gets crazy, and every once in a while, we need a vacation. After undergoing plastic surgery, why not use some vacation time to take a “staycation”? Most operations will require a week or two of recovery. You should allow yourself to stay home or in a comfortable environment for postoperative care. Patients who take their recovery process seriously will benefit by achieving the best results possible.
Cover Up While the Body Is Healing
Winter time is all about throwing on extra clothing to stay warm and protect the skin from the dry weather. Many plastic surgery patients will notice their swelling, bruising, and surgical wounds are easier to conceal this time of year. Patients can discreetly recover from their surgery without revealing their body before unveiling their final results in the warmer months down the line.
If you want to undergo plastic surgery before the weather heats up, you should schedule your consultation with Dr. Wald today! He can evaluate your face or body to help you decide on the best procedure for you. Contact us by calling (714) 312-3549 or by filling out our online contact form.
Posted on: January 30th, 2017
A new year is here! It is time to freshen up your look and become a brand new you. With so many non-surgical options in the world of cosmetic surgery, you don’t even need to go near an operating table to look and feel more youthful. Dr. Robert Wald offers a variety of non-surgical procedures that have proven results with less downtime and pain. It’s time to look great in 2017 and be the best version of yourself you can be!
Injectables and Fillers for a Smoother Facial Appearance
The stress of last year may have worn and tired your appearance, and facial injectable fillers are ideal options for smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles with minimal pain and recovery. Within one short office visit, you can quickly “touch up” aging indicators to create a younger, more rejuvenated facial appearance. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the increasing popularity of non-surgical facial rejuvenation continues to grow and provides endless customization for patients. You can undergo one or a combination of our injectable treatments.
Injectables and Fillers Offered:
- JUVÉDERM®: Composed of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the body, JUVÉDERM® can treat smile lines, wrinkles under the eyes, loss of fat in the cheeks, and thin lips.
- Restylane®: This hyaluronic acid formula helps fill nasolabial folds, creases around the mouth, and loss of volume in the cheeks.
- RADIESSE®: Made of calcium hydroxylapatite, this injectable effectively treats marionette lines, depressions on the nose, smile lines, loss of volume in the cheeks, and loss of definition along the jawline.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: Made of a protein derived from botulinum toxin type A that blocks nerve impulses to temporarily paralyze facial muscles, BOTOX® Cosmetic can help to target frown lines, crow’s feet, and wrinkles along the forehead.
Non-surgical Facelift With INFINI™ Laser
Aging, sun exposure, environmental factors, and stress can all impact the overall appearance of the face. As time goes on, the tissues on the face tend to dry out and sag. INFINI™ Laser is a radiofrequency (RF) microneedling device that helps to remove wrinkles and reduce facial skin laxity. Patients can achieve results similar to those of a facelift without the surgical scars and pain.
Eliminate Fat From the Love Handles and Abdomen
Many of us have noticed how much the holiday season has caused us to pack on the pounds. We can diet and exercise to get rid of the unwanted weight, but sometimes even a healthy lifestyle provides little to no success. SculpSure® is one of the latest fat-reduction technologies designed to target stubborn areas such as the love handles and abdomen. Using custom-designed applicators, the SculpSure® device emits laser technology to eliminate fat by attacking the fat cells and melting them down.
Dr. Wald is an experienced plastic surgeon who can help you decide on the right treatment for you. Schedule your consultation today! Contact us by calling (714) 312-3549 or by filling out our online contact form.