Am I a Candidate for Nipple and Areola Tattooing?
You may be a candidate for nipple and areola tattooing if you:
- Underwent a mastectomy
- Completed your breast reconstruction
- Finished your cancer treatment
- Are in good overall health
- Do not smoke
- Have realistic expectations of your results
What Are the Benefits of Nipple and Areola Tattooing?
- Restores the focal point of the breast
- Offers a non-surgical option for nipple reconstruction
- Improves self-image
How Is Nipple and Areola Tattooing Performed?
This procedure is usually performed three to six months after breast removal.
Nipple and areola tattooing requires no anesthesia or additional surgery. The design of the nipple is decided by the patient’s preference for size, pigment, and position.
The desired pigments are achieved using various dyes.
What Is My Nipple and Areola Tattooing Recovery Like?
Recovery after your nipple and areola tattooing takes between two and three weeks. While there may be some slight soreness, patients will be able to return to regular activities immediately. A moisturizing topical cream will be needed to promote healing.